A few more pieces I’ve been working on. These are in-progress shots which show some of the background layer building I’ve been doing, as they’re developed.
Working on larger drawings which allude to a series of smaller mutli-technique etchings I did late last year. Seeing what happens if I blow them up and articulate the detail in different ways. These are drawn rather than etched and printed.
The above etching, Pompeii: Emergence, is the impetus behind the larger charcoal and ink drawings. I’ll try to fit as much rigorous detail into the large scale works as I managed to get in this single plate development (which used soap ground, Sharpie, hard ground, soft ground and lift ground).
The very, very beginning of an underlayer which I plan to print on top of. Ink (wet and pen).
Several pieces getting ink layers added. I’ve been doing a lot of painting and drawing this semester and using the printing more to tie the varied elements together.
Another, slightly less blurry, cap of one of the drawing underlayers.
A larger piece which at first, as shown here, included a brush painting underlayer and then later received collaged and printed elements on top.
A continuation of a large brush painting I started a month ago. This will get printing on top.
A stack of experiments. Most of these are forays into different palette combinations, mark processes and compositional adventures. Many will continue to be developed, others will be printed over or cut into collage elements if they do not resolve.
A stack of work in progress.
Rock shapes awaiting collage.
Serigrapy underlayers, with some collage, ready to get more!
Bits from the finished experiment piece, Bytes.
Even more rocks, created using a combination of monotype, serigraphy, digital and painted elements. Ready for the big collage.